Saturday, November 9, 2013

Easy-peasy apple dumplings

I'm a total foodie. I love to cook, I love to eat and I love to try new recipes. I'm not sure if ANYTHING I have tried has ever been as yummy and as good as this amazing dessert. Don't believe me? Think it sounds a little strange? We'll so did I! But you just wait and you'll see! You'll take a bite and have that moment where you swear the heavens open up and the harps are playing just for you....that's right, it's heavenly!! ;)

My mom gave me this recipe...I'm not sure where she for it from, but she made it a couple of weeks ago and was telling me how she and everyone else who tried it pretty much thought it was the best thing they ever put in their mouth. So NATURALLY I had to try it myself. When I tried hers, it was reheated and STILL to die for! :) So can't wait for you to try it out. Here goes.... 




Easy-Peasy Apple Dumplings


2 (8ct. Pkgs) crescent rolls
2 apples of your choice (I used Fuji) peeled, cored and sliced into 8 pieces. 
2 sticks (1c.) butter
1 c. Sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
6 oz. clear soda (7up, sprite, etc) 

Place one slice of apple at one end of a crescent roll and roll up. Tuck in the ends and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Repeat with all 16 crescent rolls and apple slices.  Line in a single layer in your pan.

In a small saucepan melt butter.  Add in sugar and cinnamon until completely dissolved and pour over dumplings. Pour soda over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until liquid is cooked off completely. Serve warm.  Store in the refrigerator and reheat for an awesome dessert tomorrow (or for breakfast!)

Frugal Facts: This dessert only cost me about $6 + a few pantry items to make and can make dessert for several nights depending on how big your family is :) Check online for crescent roll coupons, they have them available everywhere (sometimes right on the tube!)





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...