Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Easy Baked Chicken Tenderloins and Christmas in July

It's a beautiful sunshiney morning here in Ohio...I love sitting here at my desk and looking out the window to see the bunnies (we have TONS of them in our neighborhood), birds, squirrels and even a couple kitties, enjoying the sun. My little ones are eating breakfast and watching cartoons, so I thought it was a good time to sneak away and write a quick post :)

Yesterday was one of those wonderful rainy days when you just stay home and relax!  We've been celebrating "Christmas in July" here at our home so the kids spent the day watching Christmas movies and we baked some YUMMY Red Velvet Cupcakes (recipe will be coming to you soon!). I had Christmas music playing in the kitchen and our little electric fireplace going all day!  It was such a nice, lazy day.  Lily's really getting into the Christmas in July fun...although she doesn't understand WHY we're not getting out the Christmas tree ;)

Today my Mom and Sister are coming over to celebrate with us - Mom made Chili, we're making Cinnamon-Applesauce ornaments (another recipe to come for you soon!), listening to christmas music, watching movies, and lots more fun.  A few years ago we got into celebrating "Christmas in July" and now it's becoming a bit of a tradition!  Christmas is always my most favorite time of year and it's fun to celebrate it in the summer too!  So that's our plan for the day (We'll pretend it's NOT 94 degrees outside today! ;) and enjoy spending the day together with my family.

Because it was a cozy kind of day yesterday I was in the mood to cook up some "comfort food".  Mashed Potatoes, Corn and my FAVORITE "Easy Baked Chicken" was on the menu! You know it's a good recipe when the pickiest of kids (My daughter!) likes it as well!  By the way, this is a REALLY flexible recipe as far as how much chicken you make and how much seasoning you use.  This is just how I do it, change it up and make it your own if you'd like :) Hope you enjoy!!

Easy Baked Chicken Tenderloins

8-10 Chicken Tenderloins
1 c. Italian dressing
4 c. Corn Flakes cereal
2 tbs. Italian Seasonings
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tbs. butter, melted

Marinate Chicken in Italian dressing for 2-3 hours. In a large ziplock bag, combine cornflakes, italian seasonings and garlic powder.  *this is the fun part!* give the bag to your kids and let them crush the cornflakes.  You can use a rolling pin or your hands and crush until you find a consistency you like.  Pour into a bowl.  Coat chicken in cornflake crumbs, it will stick well because of the italian dressings!  Place in a greased 9x13 pan.  If you like a heavier coating, you can sprinkle the remaining corn flake coating over the top.  Pour melted butter over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 30  minutes or until juices run clear. Enjoy!!



(excuse the date on my pictures, I just got a new camera and I haven't figured out out to remove the date yet!) ;) 

I'm off to go get ready for the day, but you can expect a couple of Christmas in July posts soon!  Hope you all have a wonderful day!!





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Kristin and I love Christmas stuff in July. So funny that Lily wants to put up the tree. I can see why she is confused. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should get together next year and do it together! :) I think this Christmas I'll buy a small tree that we can Put next year :) It'd make it even more fun ))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...