Friday, June 29, 2012

A project worth every penny....

I've been meaning to blog about this fun project for some time now, but it always gets pushed to the bottom of my list as other things go on in life....But now seems like a great time (especially with this HEAT WAVE we have going on here in Ohio!! WHEW!)  About a year ago I came across an awesome blog with lots of great stories, crafts, and more!  One of the projects that stood out to me immediately was her "A Frame Tent" tutorial.  Find it here!   As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it for Lily! And let me tell you, it has been one of the greatest projects that we've ever done - she LOVES it!



You know there's something really fun about tents...it doesn't matter how old you are - you want to play in a tent!  We have a "beach tent" that we set up in the backyard often and it entertains the kids for hours (and I like to hang out in there and read a book while the kids are playing!)  This is our INSIDE version of that, great for fun in the winter time when it's too cold to go outside, or for days like today, when it's 100 degrees and too hot to play outside!!

It's a really simple project and yes, you have to have a drill and a sewing machine, but it really doesn't take a whole lot of skill to complete.  My hubby drilled the holes for me and I did the sewing. We finished it in about an hour for about $50, maybe $60 dollars.  But if you find a fabric you like on clearance, you can make one for a LOT cheaper!

I did make one small adjustment to the frame.  We drilled another hole on the bottom of each piece of molding, about 3 inches up, and then slid a dowel rod between them, one on each side, to help sturdy the bottom a bit more.  So you'd need three dowels instead of one to do it this way :)

So if you're looking for something fun to do, head on over and grab the tutorial and the supplies you need and your kids will have a blast with it all year long!!!





I'm off to get the babes ready for naps and work on some homework!!  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!!! You do so many fun things with your kids! Thanks for sharing your incredible blog! I love reading it! Love and hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. It reminds me of the ones I've seen on Waldorf blogs. I love trying to see your home in the pics, too. hehe Like when you're walking at night and trying to have a quick peek as you walk past people's windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know that exact feeling....maybe I'll do a couple entries on my house :)))

      Delete
  3. I so enjoyed catching up with you today. I like the cutie inside the tent!
    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I hope yours is wonderful as well :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...