Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Easy Cheesy Nachos and my Spring Garden

Good Morning!  Don't you just love this time of year? The grass is green, the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming!  It's beautiful!  I spent some time this past weekend working out in the gardens, and I just love looking out the windows and seeing the flowers bloom.  I especially love getting to have my daughter helping me as well :)  She's such a little nature girl, she just loves to be outside, digging in the dirt and playing in the grass.  This year, she's getting her own garden.  We're putting in a raised bed just for her to plant whatever she wants.  She can weed it, water it, and watch it grow all on her own! I'm so excited for her :)

One of my favorite parts about spring and summer is the lighter fare when it comes to cooking. Winter, I tend to do a lot of down home cookin'. Meats and potatoes, breads and so forth.  In the summer we do a lot more finger foods, fish, and vegetables.  I thought I'd go ahead and share with you one of my favorite summer recipes.  This nacho recipe always brings back a lot of memories for me.  Growing up, my family had a pool in our backyard.  Lunches were often eaten outside on the patio by the pool and it was often something we could eat with our fingers without a lot of mess.  My Mom made these nachos all the time and it was always my favorite lunch!  She used to make them using round tortilla chips and spread the beans on with a knife.  I modified it a bit to make it even more finger friendly :)  My daughter and husband both give these a thumbs up!  They'd make a great snack, appetizer or light lunch, and the best part is that you can modify it easily to your own taste!  Make as little or as much as you want and Enjoy!

Easy Cheesy Nachos

Scoop Style Tortilla Chips
1 can refried beans
1 can red enchilada sauce
1-2 cups shredded mexican, cheddar or cheese of your choice
optional: banana peppers

Line one or two baking sheets with tin foil, depending on how many you want to make.  Arrange chips on the baking sheets.  Spoon a teaspoon of refried beans into each scoop.  Top with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle on cheese and place one banana pepper on each nacho, if you're using.  Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes or until cheese gets melty!  Serve immediately :) 



find this and lots of other great recipes at this weeks recipe round up!





Here's a couple of pictures of my garden so far this year too!  I don't know what I'd do without my little helper!! :) 

Lily getting ready to help me weed

lavender, autumn seedum, peonies and coral bells 

freshly planted pink and white begonias :) 


My little man is waking up from his nap, so it's time for me to sign off.  I hope you all have a wonderful, beautiful day!!!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...