Monday, April 16, 2012

Sweet Peanut Butter Dip

Is it just me, or are your Mondays more relaxing than your weekends?  My husband started a new job last week and for the time being, he's working monday through friday instead of working Saturdays and having another day off during the week. So this weekend was jam packed with running errands, shopping, playing with the kiddos and getting stuff done around the house.  Although today was spent catching up on laundry, doing housework and cooking, etc, it was STILL a nice rest from the busy weekend!  Tomorrow's back to school for Miss Lily and things will get busy again, but I so enjoyed getting to stay home and have a lazy day.

It was another rainy (and windy!) day here so comfort food was in store for the menu today. After her oh-so-fabulous Kraft Mac n' Cheese lunch  Miss Lily requested that we have a "special treat" since she ate so well.  Usually we save her "special treats" for when she does really good things like cleaning up her toys without being asked or being especially sweet to her brother, but when she asks in her cute little voice I just can't resist.  I've been playing around with this Peanut Butter Dip recipe for a while now, a lot of them are too sweet and dry like the center of a Reese Cup  (DON'T get me wrong, I like Reese cups, but not as a dip!) or they just tasted like plain peanut butter.  So, I experimented a bit and came up with this recipe.  It's REALLY great with apple slices, pretzels or jumbo marshmallows. Probably it would be good on toast or a bagel as well, if you like the sweet stuff in the mornings! Try it out and let me know what you think!

Sweet Peanut Butter Dip

1 (8oz) bar cream cheese
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2/3 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese in the microwave until it is VERY soft. Blend in all ingredients by hand until smooth and creamy.  Chill before serving and ENJOY!


Wanna find this recipe and lots of other great ones?  Check out Weekend Potluck linky!



  



Lily's been begging me for more and more of this since I made it, so I guess it's preschooler approved!  I hope you all like it as well! 

I cooked up some Chicken Enchiladas for tonights dinner (smells SO good!) and I'll share the recipe with you tomorrow or Wednesday! I need to go finish that up and some laundry too!  Enjoy your evening!! 






Pin It

2 comments:

  1. MMM - this looks sooo good. Thanks for stopping by and linking up at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...