Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stop and smell the roses...

Today is one of those days that i love the most....Sunday (my favorite!), quiet, no errands to run, not much to do, just a nice easy day at home. And it's days like today that I take a moment to pause, and to look at my life and be thankful for all that I have in it.

I've always said that my life since having my children has been "chaotic bliss." It's wonderful, happy, joyful, but also filled with constant going, constant attention giving, constantly moving onto the next thing, it's BUSY!  When there's always so much to do and so little time to do it all, it can be hard to stop, and take a moment to be grateful.  I have so much, when there are others out there who have little.  I can get frustrated over my kids messes, tantrums, and screams, when there are other women out there who can only dream of having little ones to take care of.  Maybe my husband drives me crazy sometimes, but there are those who are mourning the loss of their beloved spouse. I don't feel like emptying a dishwasher or vacuuming floors, but I bet the person sleeping on a bench downtown wouldn't mind having a home and chores to do....This is when we need to step back....

Take a look around...

and smile and be thankful for what we've been given in this life.

Yes, we can all get caught up in the everyday, as Mom's we have so much to do, so many to take care of and never enough time in the day to get it all done.  It can be overwhelming, frustrating, and just plain hard sometimes.  But when we stop and smell the roses, we realize how lucky we really are.

I can't imagine life without my gorgeous, giggly children, my wonderful husband, my home, my friends and family.  When I sit here and think about how blessed I really am, it makes all of those little things seem so silly.

So today, as I sit here while my children are sleeping, I can hear my son's breathing on his bedroom monitor and it makes me smile.  Yes, there is a baseball game on tv instead of some quiet music, but I'm happy to have my husband here beside me instead of away at work.  There are toys on the floor that need to be picked up, laundry in the dryer that needs to be folded, and I still have some projects I'd like to finish up today, but I'm not complaining.  I'm just so happy to be here, with my family, in our little home.  And there's no place I'd rather be.

So if you're feeling like things aren't so great, overwhelmed by everything you need to take care of today, or this week, just make sure you take the time to stop and smell the roses.  I bet you'll feel so much better!!  Have a beautiful Sunday!













Pin It

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...