Thursday, April 12, 2012

Family Movie Night Taco Ring

Hi and Happy Thursday! (It's almost the weekend, Yay!) It's been a super-busy week here for us, but fun as always.  Lily's weeks keep me busy, filled up with playtime, dance class, preschool, family visit's and lots more...but of course, it's always fun!  Although it's definitely great for our kids to get out and play with other kids, learn to be social and have hobbies like dance, sports, music, anything.  I'm definitely a firm believer in spending time at home as a family. All kids need down time, for sure, and more than just a little nap every afternoon.  When we don't have things going on outside of the house, I like to make sure we get days to stay home and enjoy time together as a family.  One of my favorite ways to do this is "Family Movie Night."  It's something we started over the winter and we've kind of gotten away from it over the past few "warm weather" weeks.  Tonight we're reinstating it per Lily's request and our chosen movie is "The Lion King."

For us, Family Movie Night consists of some kind of quick-and-easy dinner, a huge "campsite" usually created by Matt and the Kids, and of course, dessert.  I love these nights, sprawled out on the floor together, it always brings back memories of my childhood and all the times my sister and I spent evenings with a bowl of popcorn and a great movie.  I hope that it will be yet another memory my children remember as they grow up and have their own families.








One of my favorite meals to make for Family Movie Night is "Taco Ring." This recipe is really quick and easy to make, especially if you get the taco meat ready ahead of time.  It only takes about 15 minutes (or less!) to cook and the kids love it!  Serve it up with some chips and queso for a quick side and it's and easy dish to eat in front of the tv without too much mess :)  Hope you enjoy!

Taco Ring

1 lb. ground beef
taco seasoning
2 pkg (8ct.) crescent rolls
shredded cheddar cheese
garnish: diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, taco sauce, sour cream, etc.  whatever you like!

In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain.  Return to pan and add taco seasoning and follow package instructions. 

Meanwhile, arrange crescent rolls in a starburst pattern on a pizza pan or stone



Spoon ground beef on top of crescent rolls making sure to leave room to seal the ends together.  Top with Cheese.  You can also mix the cheese right into the meat before spooning it onto the rolls...either way works great!


Fold the points of the star in towards the center and press to seal



Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Top with whatever garnishes you like and enjoy!!! :) 


for this and other great recipes check out the Recipe Round up!



Movie's starting so it's time for me to get off of here and spend some time with my family!!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday Night and and a FABULOUS weekend!!!




Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate!
    Your blog post is great! I'm so happy that the concept of family time is still alive and like you say, it will bring back memories to your kids... and not only that, but a great tradition that sadly i see we're losing little by little.
    I recently started doing it with Sofia, my daughter.. and it is super fun.
    I loved your recipe.. i've never had it but it seems delicious!!!!

    Happy weekend for you too and blessings for the cute family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It does seem like it's fading out, doesn't it? It's such a shame, but it's nice to know that some of us are still upholding it! I hope you and Sofia are having a fabulous day!! HUGS!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to do Family Movie Night! It’s like you’re camping out, but indoors, haha! That taco ring looks delicious! And what a great choice of movie! “The Lion King” is definitely one of the best family movies ever made. The lessons about family and identity that the movie teaches you are truly invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cody! We love "indoor picnics" and the lion kind is one of my favorites from my own childhood! Thank you so much for stopping by! :) Have a great one!

      Delete
  3. he is no use to you under those covers, let me join you and while we watch the movie you can put your hand in my pants and play with ,y hard cock and I will put mine in your panties and finger your pussy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...