Friday, April 27, 2012

Cooking with the Pioneer Woman

Hello and Happy Friday!!  I feel so disconnected and behind here as I have been without internet for three days!  It's amazing how attached we get to our computers isn't it?  Between my blog, facebook, pinterest and all of my other internet addictions, I I feel like I've missed out!  LOL!  I'm caught up now and ready to share my Pioneer Woman fun...in a minute :)

It's a beautiful but chilly day here in Ohio and I'm so looking forward to this weekend!  My Mother-in-law is going to babysit for us tomorrow and Matt and I are going to be lucky enough to get a day of running errands without the little ones tagging along! :)  (On a Saturday...GASP!) My husbands birthday is coming up in about ten days so we're going out to do some shopping for him and also for Charlie!  Charlie's 1st birthday will be here before I know it!  He was born on May 23rd, and I can't believe how much time has flown!  This year we're throwing him a John Deere birthday!  I'm so excited I can't stand it!  I'm having so much fun getting things ready for him!  I can't wait to share the pictures with you all!  I just can't believe my baby is going to be one!




This week has been exciting for us, as Charlie has started WALKING! It's amazing how you realize how quickly time goes by when your little baby is now a toddler.  He's having so much fun following his sister around and getting into just about everything he can get his chubby little hands on! So of course, I'm getting the baby itch now because I no longer have a baby in the house!  Might be time to start thinking about making our family of four a family of five :)


Alright...

On with the yumminess!!

As I mentioned the other day, My Mom just bought the The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummonds cookbook for me.  I LOVE it and I will say again that you should run out and buy it NOW!.......

seriously...

why are you still reading this??? ;)

This week I decided to make her Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce...and as I expected, it was DELICIOUS! The only ONLY little tiny thing I would change is I would cut back the garlic next time...that's totally a matter of personal preference.  I made a Parmesan Garlic bread to go with it (recipe below as well!) and it was a little too much for me...on it's own it's probably fabulous!! So here we go!

Pioneer Woman Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

12 oz fettuccine or other pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion finely chopped**
4 garlic cloves minced
two 15 oz cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
dash of sugar, or more to taste
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, or more to taste
chopped fresh basil

**BUSY MOM TIP**  If you don't have the time or the tears (or the patience!) to finely chop an onion you can coarsely chop it and throw it in the food processor for a few pulses.  This is what I did and it works out perfectly!  You can also chop it even more finely for the flavor but it'll keep the picky little ones from seeing the onion! 

Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, reserving a little hot pasta water for later. Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Pour in the tomato sauce, add salt, pepper and sugar and stir until warm. Add in the heavy cream and mix well. Add in the Parmesan cheese and then the hot pasta. Toss well and add a splash of hot pasta water if the sauce is too thick. Just before serving toss in more cheese and fresh basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!!!!



Kate's Parmesan-Garlic Pull-apart bread

2- 7.5oz cans buttermilk biscuits 
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
optional: parsley, oregano, italian seasonings to taste

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan.  Quarter your biscuits and add into a large bowl.  In a separate bowl combine butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese and herbs, if your using them. Pour over top of biscuits and gently toss to coat.  Arrange in bundt pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.  Immediately turn onto a plate and serve warm!  Enjoy!!!


So there you have it...are you hungry yet??? I am!!! And I have leftovers in the fridge ;)  I hope you all enjoy these recipes if you get the chance to try them!   Have an absolutely fantastic weekend, whatever you do!!  











Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...