Saturday, April 14, 2012

BEST Banana Bread and a Rainy Saturday

What is it about a good rainy day that is just so fabulous?  Now mind you, I don't like a bunch of them in a row, but one good, stay-at-home, rainy day is always so nice!  Today has been pretty much a wash-out. Raining all day, gloomy outside, but in here, there are good things baking, lots of books being read, crayons, movies, snacks, and lots of family fun! I love these days even more when my hubby is home with us!

Besides playing with the kiddos, I've been on a re-organizing binge!  For some reason, in the winter time I tend to slack on keeping the drawers, closets, and cupboards organized.  I don't know why really, but it must be that spending so much time at home, inside, I get lazy with it.  So I created a 30 day organizing list and I've been working on cleaning one drawer, cupboard, closet, etc. each day.  SLOWLY but surely it's getting done, I'm throwing out/donating clothes and items we're not using, trashing what needs to be trashed and starting to feel like this house is getting sorted out.  Every bag of stuff I get out of this house makes me feel so much better!  Maybe I'll keep my 30 day schedule and use it to help me keep things straightened up every month!  So here's my list in case you want to make one too!!

1. Kitchen Pantry 1
2. Kitchen Pantry 2
3. Cabinets over stove
4. Dishes/Glasses Cabinet
5. Entertainment Center Drawers
6. Foyer Closet
7. Linen Closet
8. Lily's Dresser
9. Lily's toy shelves
10. Charlie's Dresser
11. Charlie's toy shelves
12. My Dresser
13. My Closet
14. Bathroom Cabinets
12. Medicine Cabinets
13. Kids Closet
14. Craft Closet
15. Bedroom Bookcase
16. Living Room Storage Cabinet
17. Kitchen Hutch Cabinet
18. Kitchen Hutch Drawers
19. Utility Closet
20. Desk top and drawers
21. Clean Under kids beds
22. Clean out under our bed
23. Clean under living room furniture
24. DVD Storage
25. Kids bookcase
26. Living Room bookcase
27. Organize Kitchen Open Shelving
28. Kitchen Drawers
29. Cabinet under Kitchen Sink
30. All lower kitchen cabinets

So every day I take a little time to get something organized, and in a month - it'll will be done!  All I have left to do is keep them straitened up!  And if you're like me, and not very good about this, you can keep your list and do them every month!  After the first cleaning, it should just be a matter of straitening them up, and throwing out anything you don't need.

So as I mentioned earlier about good things baking - my kiddos have been sick and I always like to make something comforting for them to munch on when they're not really in the mood to eat.  Miss Lily asked for Banana Bread, so that's what I made!  I've had a ton of different banana bread recipe's and everyone always has their own favorite!  This is mine - I think it's the best! :)

BEST Banana Bread


2/3-1 c. mashed bananas
1 egg
1/4 c. butter, melted
4 T. milk
3/4 + 2 T. sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

In a large bowl combine bananas, egg, butter and milk. Add in sugar and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.  Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture until just moistened. Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Serve warm!


I know butter is tradititional, but try this bread topped with apple butter or peanut butter for even more flavor! (The Peanut Butter is So good on it!) 

I think I only have a few more minutes of sleeping kiddos so I'm off to do a little reading before they wake up!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  






Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...