Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another Saturday at the Parks Household and Green Bean Fries!

Hi there and happy Saturday!  It's a gloomy one here in Ohio, so my little family and I are enjoying a quiet day at home.  Lily's been fighting off HIVES all week, so we're having to keep her activity to a minimum to keep her from getting hot and making the hives come back worse. Also she's taking benadryl and prednisone around the clock and it makes her....slightly....incredibly...GRUMPY!  (Another good reason to stay home and take it easy :)

So in between playing with the kids and tackling this weeks pile of laundry, I've been having a lot of fun reading through my new Pioneer Woman Cookbook! My Mom so kindly picked it up for me this week, and not only is it stuffed to the brim with a million recipe's I want to try, but it's also chock full of great pictures and stories of her life.  I find her so incredibly fascinating, if you haven't checked out her blog, cookbooks, or Food Network show yet, than you should!  You'll love her! Her cookbooks have become permanent fixtures on my coffee table. So tonight I'm trying out her recipe for tomato cream pasta and I can't wait!  My hubby's at the store as we speak picking up what I need for it!  I promise I'll share the recipe with you this week - as I'm sure it's delicious and you'll want to make it too!




On another note, today is my Mama's birthday!!  Yesterday, we went over to her house and my grandmother served us all up a fabulous lunch (and dessert!) to celebrate.  With everything my Mom has been through in these past few months, she deserved the chance to get to rest and be pampered.  Tonight my Dad's taking her out to her favorite restaurant for dinner and we'll be celebrating again tomorrow night with the whole family!  So Happy Happy Birthday Mom!!  I hope your day is as fabulous as you are!!

Mom, Sister, myself and Lily this year on Easter


So the last time I went to Trader Joe's I picked up one of their enormous bags of frozen green beans.  I LOVE green beans, they are one of the few green veggies that I can eat without too much "stuff" to make them better.  But for a while now I've been hooked on the green bean fries from Fridays and I thought it'd been fun to try and come up with my own recipe for something similar.  So while the kiddos were napping today I played around a bit and came up with this recipe.  They're quite yummy if I do say so myself and actually pretty healthy since they aren't fried! I dipped them in a little ranch dressing, but they're good all on their own!  The best part is that they are FAST to whip up as a side dish or a snack and you probably have everything you need in your fridge/freezer/pantry. 

Green Bean Fries

1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 c. plain bread crumbs

Preheat over to 400 degrees. If you're using frozen green beans, run them under warm water for a couple of minutes to thaw.  In a large bowl, whisk eggs well and then add in green beans, coating well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.  In a small bowl combine bread crumbs cajun seasoning and garlic powder.  Pour over beans and coat well.  Spread onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing from baking sheet to ensure crispness.  Enjoy with a side of ranch dressing :) 




Another milestone for my little one, I gave Charlie his first haircut this week!  He did so good, and even though his sweet baby curls are gone, his little man haircut looks SO CUTE!  

ooooh a sucker!

mmm...happy with my sucker

OKAY!  You can get off me now Mom!

Seriously, Mommy, get off me!!

Happy Boy with his new haircut! 

I'm off to go do some cooking with the Pioneer Woman!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!








Pin It

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to try the green bean fries!!! <*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog posts are always such a sweet invite into your family life! Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...