Friday, March 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Brownies and a Fabulous Friday

What is it about a Sunny warm Friday that makes the weekend even more exciting?  I don't really have anything planned for the weekend, Matt has to work tomorrow and we don't really have a lot going on, but still....the weather makes it FEEL exciting!

Today I've been in a cooking and baking kind of mood - Lily's feeling better and Charlie took a nice long nap so we had lots of "girl" time this morning.  We decided to bake some strawberry "mini-cupcakes" and they are SO good! Lily and I also put together my mother-in-law's famous cheesy potatoes that we'll be having for dinner with my herb crusted pork chops - I'll share the recipe's tomorrow after I get some pictures!  I SO love that Lily likes to cook and bake with me - By the time she's ten she'll have my cooking skills beat!



This weather really has me dreaming of my garden - I'm planning on an even bigger veggie and herb garden than last year and I can't wait to get started...it's been so warm I can't help but wonder if it's warm enough to start planting!  I'm thinking we'll do a couple different types of tomatoes, some green peppers, snow peas and green beans, cucumbers, and TONS of hebs....I just can't wait to get my hands in the earth - I always find it so exciting to watch it all grow!   

Last year, we came across a small "kids" raised bed at the Hardware store - it's 3x3' and we bought it up for Lily so she can have her OWN garden (and hopefully stop feeding my tomatoes to the neighbors dog!).  I think it'll be so fun to take her to the garden center and let her pick out whatever she wants to put in it. She can water and weed it, and tend to it herself - I'm pretty sure it'll be a huge confidence booster to her when she sees it grow and produce flowers or veggies!  I know she'll love it! 

When we replaced our doors I saved one of our entry doors and I'm planning on turning it into a potting table this year as well - I'm so excited!  It's something I've seen before but didn't want to go spend the money on a door - now I don't have to!  I'm going to set it up right behind our garage so it'll be right next to my garden....now I have to decide what color to paint it - I'm thinking yellow or turquoise??  I'm not sure yet :) 



Since I'm in the baking mood I thought I'd go ahead and share one of my favorite brownie recipes - I think I'll be making these tomorrow!!  They are YUMMY!

DELICIOUS PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES

1/3 c. shortening
2 T. baking cocoa
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt shortening and coca together. Cool; transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in sugar and eggs; add flour and salt. Mix well; fold in peanut butter (the batter will be thick! Almost dough-like) and spread in a greased 8×8 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Cool and cut into squares.



This recipe is participating in a Linky Party!!  If you want to find out some other great recipe's check them out here:

weekend potluck




Time for me to head off of here - I think I'm going to dive into my NEW Gooseberry Patch Cookbook and get some new ideas!!  Hope you all have an amazing weekend - whatever you do!!!




Pin It

9 comments:

  1. How amazing and the Peanut Butter Brownies sound divine! I love the door idea too! You have so much fun and it comes across in your writing! I am so happy to be able to come to your blog! Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelique!!! <3 I love yours as well!!! <3

      Delete
  2. I'm dancing and reading and so happy!!!! Thank you for sharing the joy and yummies of spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipe! Love what you did with the doors, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy- anything w/choc and PB is good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...