Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pasta Salad and a Cozy Welcome

Hello and WELCOME to my new blog!! If you've known me for long you've probably read some of my other blogs - YES I'm starting over again!  I've decided to move over here to Blogger for a fresh start and so far I'm loving it!

If you don't know me, I'll give you a little mini-introduction. :) My name is Kate - I'm a twenty-something Momma of two little ones who keep me busy and loving it!  I am a "hobby collector."  I have way too many things to do and never enough time in the day.  I love to cook and bake, and you'll find tons of recipes here as time goes o n, I love any kind of crafting, crocheting and knitting, painting, art projects with my kids, paper crafts and TONS more.  I have a little vegetable and herb garden and even though my thumb is NOT green, I try hard anyway and I love it! I also LOVE to decorate and you'll probably find lots of pictures here of my little home in a constant state of "redecoration." I own a little crochet shop on etsy and my Mom and I are opening a another shop called "Verbena Lane Botanicals" which will hopefully be opening up SOON! 

Here's me, in case you were wondering ;)


Miss L is my daughter, she's three and she's my wild child!  She LOVES to play outside no matter what the weather, loves to bake with me, and roughhouse with her Daddy.  Mister C is my youngest, he's 9 months old and just starting to get into everything!  He's at such a fun age, learning to crawl and stand and getting quite a personality.  He is a no-doubt-about it Momma's boy and I love it! 



That's really about it for now, If you want to get to know me better, you'll just have to keep reading ;)  


Spring is in the air around here and I am loving every second of it!  Before I had my little ones, Fall and Winter were my favorite times of year...I always LOVED the coziness of winter and getting to spend my spare time cuddled up with a project or a book or even a favorite movie.  NOW things are a bit different when my spare time is spent entertaining Miss L and Mister C. So now I find that I enjoy spring more than ever....after being cooped up we get to go outside and PLAY!  Also, I so enjoy watching the flowers bloom, the grass turn green and the trees budding.  It's such a cheerful time of year!  Today, when I ran to the grocery I came across these cute little Spring decorations I just had to bring home!  Now I'm in the mood to start putting up the rest of it! (I just have to get my hubby to find it all for me!) 


As I mentioned before, I LOVE to cook so I'll be sharing lots of recipe's for you...I do a lot of "simple" cooking.  Foods that can be fixed easily and quickly.  Being the Mom of two toddlers, our lunches consist of a lot of Peanut Butter and Jelly and Macaroni and Cheese...which I am SO tired of!  I've been working on coming up with some new, lighter, healthier lunches for us and here is one I just made today!  It only took about 20 minutes so it's fabulously quick!  This would also be a great side dish for grilling out hamburgers or hotdogs....a GREAT summer side! 


Quick and Easy Pasta Salad

1lb box Tri-color rotini
1/2  c. chopped pepperoni
1/2 c. crumbled feta
1 c. Italian Dressing 
optional: diced tomatoes

Cook Pasta according to package directions and cool by running under cold water. In a large bowl toss with pepperoni, feta and tomatoes (if using). Add in dressing and mix well, Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.  Enjoy!! 


Time for me to get off this computer and get a few things done while the little one's are sleeping!  Hope you have a beautiful day!!  


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page! I love the colors and the pictures! I am a HUGE Feta fan too!!!!! One time at a restaurant I ordered the Greek Salad and when it came there was no Feta and when I asked they said they were out. All aghast I said: "well, that's the only reason I even order this salad! It's not a Greek Salad without Feta!" I didn't send it back as I hate wasting food, but boy was I disappointed. Love your music too! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?? You can't have a greek salad without FETA!! I agree COMPLETELY! We have this great little greek market by our house and they sell the BEST Feta Cheese...i always have it in the house! I think since I'm part greek, it's in my blood to love it ;) Even Lily likes it! Thanks so much Angelique!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...