Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Company Baked Ziti

Pasta is usally one of my FAVORITE foods to cook – it’s easy, delicious, and there are MILLIONS of recipes out there to try (and I rarely find one that I don’t like!).  So we make pasta a LOT in our house.  A while back I came across this recipe in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and my husband and I both loved it from the first bite!  I will tell you that it makes a TON of food!  We usually split the recipe in half and freeze one, and each half usually makes two dinners for the three of us!  So although it’s a bit expensive to make, it really makes about 4 dinners for a family of three (or four even, if you have little ones!) Or enough to feed a crowd!

Company Baked Ziti

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground sausage
1/4 onion finely chopped
2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 lb. box ziti, cooked and drained
6 oz. sliced provalone
1 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded mozzarella
1 c. parmesan cheese
Brown the beef, sausage and onion together in a large skillet.  Stir in sauce and simmer about 15 minutes.  Layer as follows in a greased lasagna pan (or cut in half and use two 8×8 pans!)
1/2 of cooked ziti
provolone cheese
sour cream
1/2 of sauce
1/2 of cooked ziti
mozarella cheese
1/2 of sauce
parmesean cheese
Cover and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.  Serves 10-12!  Enjoy!!!!



If you try this one out I’d love to hear what you think!  It’s definitely a crowd pleaser!  I’m off to go put my kiddos down for a nap and enjoy a little quiet time!  Hope you all have a fabulous day!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...