Friday, January 20, 2012

Asian Honey Chicken


Good Morning!!!!  It's a cold day here in Ohio and I thought I'd share a recipe with you with a little SPICE to warm you up today!!!  Oh how I love this time of year!!  Winter is always my favorite season!  As I'm writing this I'm snuggled up in my favorite pink bathrobe, the kids are sleeping, the fireplace is going and I've got a mug of cocoa on the desk next to me.....this is such a cozy and snuggly time of year!!!  I love all seasons, but Fall and Winter are always the best :)  


So on with another yummy recipe for you.  This chicken is delicious piled on top of some fresh white or brown rice with a little soy sauce on the side!  Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes and garlic to your own taste and you'll have a new favorite meal at your house I'm sure!!!  (I make this about twice a month here in our home!!  My hubby loves it!!)  
Asian Honey Chicken
1/4 c. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenderloins, diced
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz. bottle of honey
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4c. onion finely chopped
1/4 c. ketchup
2 tbsp. roasted garlic
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.  Fry chicken in oil and add salt and pepper to taste.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine  remaining ingredients.  Pour over fried chicken and coat well.   Simmer over medium heat until sauce thickens.  Serve over rice and ENJOY!




find this and lots of other great recipe's at the recipe roundup!!!


Tonight we’re expecting a lot of snow and ice…we have a winter storm warning here in our area and I’m loving it!!  I have a houseful of groceries and no plans for the weekend, so I plan on staying in, cooking a lot, and spending lots of time snuggling with my family!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!! 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...