Friday, May 6, 2011

A Mothers Love



With Mother's Day quickly approaching it makes me take a step back and look at the last two and a half years of my life..
.
Sunday night, November 23rd, 2008 I headed to the hospital with high hopes of what the night and following day would bring.  I'd spent 9 months preparing, but really, a lifetime, to become a Mommy....it was my dream and it was finally becoming a reality.  I walked into the hospital with my bags packed for the next few days and a fuzzy pink blanket in my arms, ready for the birth of my baby girl.  I don't think I really realized what I was getting into....I didn't know:

...That I would feel like my heart was going to burst the moment I saw you
...that one look into your brown eyes would change my life forever
...that I never really knew love, until I held you...not this kind of love
...that I would do absolutely anything to protect you for the rest of my life



I remember the day that we brought you home....I snuggled you up warm and cozy in your pink bouncy seat and sat down next to you on the couch.  I think I sat and stared at you for the rest of the afternoon.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I was in awe of you, and of the love that I felt for my precious baby girl.  I had no idea how much that love would grow in the following days and the following years...



I can't even begin to count the number of hours that I spent holding you and watching you while you slept...these were the moments that I cherished more than any.  The moments when I could just stare at you in awe of what your Daddy and I had created together...the love that we shared created this beautiful precious gift and I knew that I could never let you go.  I hated sharing you, I just wanted to hold you in my arms every second of the day.



As the months flew by I watched you learn and grow, and I realized how important my role is in your life...I was home with you every day..I taught you to:

...sit up by yourself
...to crawl
...to stand
...to walk
...to talk
...to count
...and so many more things

The responsibility of raising you is something that I will never take for granted.  I'm not the kind of Mom who wants you to grow up to be a doctor or a lawyer.  I want you to grow up to be happy, to be loved and to know how to love, to be kind, considerate, generous, free spirited, and most of all, to just be who you want to be. Life is too short to do anything but chase your dreams...I know I always have.



Now you're two and half years old and I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. You know what you want out of life and you aren't afraid to demand it.  You love to sing, to play outside, to dance with your Daddy, to cuddle, and you always come to me for anything you need, because you know I'll always be right there for you. No matter how old you are, what you do, where you go, I'll always be here....ready to:

...heal boo-boos with band aids and kisses
-wipe away your tears
-give snuggles when you're feeling shy
-clap and cheer when you've accomplished something great!
-tuck you in when your sleepy
-and be here for you, whatever you need.
...Because I'm Mommy, and I loved you first.



Now that we're just a couple of weeks away from the arrival of our second child, Charlie...I can feel my heart swelling in the anticipation of his arrival.  It's amazing how your heart grows and when you think that you couldn't possibly love anyone as much as you love your firstborn, you know that you do....there is always room for more love!  And in a year, I'll be writing again, words filled with LOVE not only for my daughter but for my son as well.  I hope that you all have a beautiful Mothers Day!  I know I will <3
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...