Monday, March 28, 2011

Easy Springtime Chicken n' Potatoes


I thought with the warm weather on its way ( I know it doesn't seem like it, but it IS!) that I should start sharing a few of my lighter meals.  Yes, I'm definitely a down home cookin' kind of girl, but I can actually cook up something a little healthier (just a LITTLE!). When the sun starts shinin' and the weather gets warmer, I always start craving those summertime meals like grilled hamburgers, chicken, fresh veggies and baked potatoes.  The recipe's I'll share with you today are definitely a little on the lighter side....the potatoes are a favorite here in the Parks' household.  We cook them up during the spring and summer months with just about anything - they go great with grilled burgers, grilled barbecue chicken, steaks, all that kind of stuff.  You can even cook them outside on your grill in a cast iron skillet if you have one! My parents made a similar recipe all the time when I was growing up, this is my adapted version, and I'm pretty sure they'll become a favorite in your home too!  They're great for kids because they're bite sized and filled with flavor!  The chicken is a newer recipe that I've also adapted from a combination of a few others...hope you enjoy them!

Onion-Ranch Oven Potatoes

This recipe was used in the gooseberry patch recipe roundup!

4-6 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 c. olive oil
1 packet liptons soup mix
1 packet ranch seasoning

Drizzle the bottom of a 9x13 pan with a little olive oil and add your potatoes to the pan. In a small bowl, combine oil, soup mix and ranch mix.  Pour over potatoes and mix well.  Bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring potatoes every 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!!


Honey Mustard Chicken Tenderloins

Honey Mustard Sauce:
1 c. honey
1-2 Tbsp. yellow mustard

2 lbs chicken tenderloin
2 tbsp. butter

Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl - use as much mustard as you like - I think I use about a tablespoon and a half - it's really up to your personal taste!  Reserve about a quarter of a cup of your honey mustard to serve for dipping alongside your chicken!

yum!

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Arrange your chicken in the butter and sear both sides.  Pour honey mustard sauce over the top and continue cooking over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until juices run clear.  Make sure you flip your chicken tenders often so that both sides get well coated.  Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes to let sauce thicken!

You can make your chicken in the oven as well if you prefer.  Just melt your butter in a 9x13 pan, arrange chicken in the pan and then pour honey mustard over the top.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, turning chicken often.  I really prefer the stovetop method because the chicken gets a little browner and a little more crispy.  But if you don't have time to keep an eye on it, baking it is a great way to go!



I like to add some type of veggie to this dinner whether it's green or lima beans, peas or corn.  Even a crisp salad goes great with it as well!  Let me know if you try out either of these recipe's, I'd love to hear what you think!! Have a beautiful day!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...